St. Mary's Beacon

The Saint Mary's Beacon was a newspaper published weekly in St. Mary's County, Maryland, from 1852 through 1980. The newspaper is on microfilm at the following locations:

Enoch Pratt Free Library (Baltimore) 410-396-5451
Maryland State Archives (Annapolis) 800-235-4045 (from MD only)
410-260-6400 (from outside MD)
St. Mary's County Historical Society (Leonardtown) 301-475-9455
St. Mary's County Memorial Library (Lexington Park)   301-863-8188

The following index covers the years 1852 through 1890; there currently is no index for subsequent years.

Please enter a keyword or phrase into one or more of these forms and press Enter.

Search Entire Index for

Select a maximum number of results:  

Search Headlines for
Search Subject or Byline for
Search Date for

  • Searching is not case-sensitive.
  • Enter phrases and/or keywords.
  • and, or and not operators can be used. (The default is and.)
  • Wildcard searches are possible, by appending * to the end of a word.

Powered By SWISH-E